2013/09/01

Latecomer - Banksia...Nice!

Good Sunday everybody. Hope you are having such a lazy time as I have! ;)

Not that there is nothing to do...but it is fine to keep things slow from time to time, isn't it?
Anyway, at least I have been able to take some photos of my Banksia. Promised already some time before...sigh... but here we go!



































The Bankia pattern by Megan Nielsen is available for more than one year already, I guess. I saw lots of versions by my favorite bloggers all arround the world. But somehow it took me quite a while, before I decided to purchase this pattern. Now, I do not regret a thing! The collar is adorable and the whole instructions easy to follow.


Only downside with my version is the delicate fabric I used...I cannot even say what proper material it is. On the bolt, it simply stated 'blouse fabric'...hmm...anyway, it is lightweight and nice to wear, but it is very difficult to handle while sewing. There is definitely some synthetic included, which makes the fabric stretch slightly. This made me crazy sewing the placket. You will well see all the wrinkles arround the placket. I tried that one several times and even ironing did not help.

Anyway, I will wear this one with pride! ;) Next version will be definitely cotton. :D

Wishing you all a beautiful Sunday with love, family, friends and good food!!!

20 comments:

  1. Your blouse is very pretty! So is your backdrop, what lovely gardens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly. And I really love my balcony very much.

      Delete
  2. it is so beautiful... I love that pattern and see gorgeous versions everywhere. I've been put off by the price of it so far, but I know I'm going to give in one day... :) I love the color of the fabric you chose !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that has also been the reason why it took me so long. ;-) But in the end I am convinced. It was totally worth it.

      Delete
  3. Really cute! This looks adorable on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the perfect fabric for that pattern, and the color is gorgeous. Great blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely colour. I found/find it really difficult making the banksia fit me properly. It pulls around the arms/shoulders, did you have any problem with that? I thought I made a size too small but it still happened when I made the size up but it ended up too big but still pulled weirdly in the same places. Anyway, yours is very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janey, that is actually true. If you look very close, you will see that it pulls indeed. Armhole area does not fit perfectly, but due to the stretch portion within the fabric, I was ok with that.
      Thanks. :-)

      Delete
  6. How cute! I love the Banksia pattern, but it would not be so flattering on my body type (wide shoulders). It looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love your Banksia. The colour is fabulous. https://www.facebook.com/SassySewingBees

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm generally a latecomer to patterns, too, but usually because I am so slow to getting around to sewing anything. Love your Banksia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Crystal. It is getting tougher and tougher for me finding some sewing time, too! Anyway, these patterns do not diminish, so we should simply take the time we need. :-)

      Delete
  9. Lovely as ever, Nette! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, I really like your fabric choice and your collar looks like it's sitting perfectly (on the woven one I made I just cannot get the collar to sit right!). Thanks for the reminder about this pattern as I may just need to revisit it now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad, that you like it Kathryn. I guess, that I was lucky with the collar. I usually have problems with that, too. :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...