2013/08/04

Archer button up shirt...a dream come true!

Hey there! Hope you are all doing fine and having such wonderful summer days as we finally have!

I have fallen in love with a new pattern! Archer button up shirt by grainline. Wow,...my absolute favorite blouse pattern. 


I know this is not so summery, but it is perfect for the office with freezing cold airconditioning and cooler summer evenings. 

I chose a lightweight cotton in creme with little circles in blue and brown. 


Further, I added these wooden buttons. To put one on the outer edge of the pocket was the idea of my mama. Ah, she is genius! ;)


But, coming back to the pattern, this blouse has a perfect loose fitting. Neither extremely oversized nor too tight.


The pleat at the back allows extra room for moving without leaving you with a huge back.
As I mentioned in earlier posts, I am usually not a great fan of standard blouse collars. I use to feel very conservative wearing that, but this one is fabulous. Not so large and stiff.


So this is how I will leave for office tomorrow! I truely recommend this pattern. It is extremely well drafted and the instructions are easy to follow. 
I am pretty sure, this pattern will become an evergreen in my pattern collection!

Have a good summery week everybody. 

26 comments:

  1. I love that shirt, the fabric was perfect for it, and your mama was right about the placement of the button on the pocket. Very unique! I will definitely have to search out that pattern and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This pattern is definitely worth a try!

      Delete
  2. Just adorable. I love the fabric you chose, it makes the blouse a little bit more dressy if you wanted it, or casual as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. That is exactly what I thought!

      Delete
  3. This pattern and fabric pairing is perfect! And those buttons! Definitely will pull this pattern out for some back to school button downs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy to read, that this is inspiring. :-)

      Delete
  4. Really, really cute! I love the fabric you used!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! i'm a big fan of this pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is gorgeous, and the pleat in the back is so feminine !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily. The light weight fabric helped a lot.

      Delete
  7. Fabulous pattern... Fabulous fabric... Fabulous buttons... Fabulous make. I'm loving this on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous comment. ;) thanks a lot!!!

      Delete
  8. This looks fab on you! I love the fabric you chose- it's so sassy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sassy is good! Thanks Amanda!

      Delete
  9. Lovely shirt and the fabric is a perfect match. I must try to finish my archer at some point. I got distracted with other patterns but it's such a great basic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! A super basic for everyday wear.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful! This is such a wonderful pattern, Jen has a gift at making unfitted clothes that are still flattering. You chose the perfect fabric, I can't wait to see more Nette-made Archers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kelly! More archers will definitely follow.
      I totally agree with you on Jen's gift!

      Delete
  11. Very cute! I love that wooden button on the edge of the pocket! I also have this pattern, but I still need to find the right fabric for it..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for his article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    klg asli - Thanks this has been my natural looking,
    I will always wait for your latest article

    klg
    klg pil
    agen klg
    agen klg asli
    obat pembesar penis

    jual klg
    jual klg pil
    Jual klg pil asli usa

    klg medan
    agen klg medan
    Jual klg medan

    vimax spray
    vimax men delay spray
    vimax delay spray
    vimax delay spray

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...