2012/06/24

Taming my fabric stash

Yay! One step closer taming my fabric stash!!!

As promised, one of my other projects I managed to take a photo of last week! ;)

I have bought this fabric last year on my trip to London on Goldhawk Street. I fell in love with the base colour at once, but wasn't quiet sure about the blue 'roses'. Anyway, it was a real snap, so I just grabbed it!


So after one year I am really glad about this purchase and think I have found a pretty good matching pattern! As the fabric is already kind of romantic-kitschy, I was looking for a pattern with clear shapes. Otherwise I might not have worn it on an everyday basis. This is BurdaStyle magazine 06/09 model no.122. It has, once again, my beloved stand-up collar! And I simply fell in love with these angular sleeves


That's it! Now I need to work on taking photos of my other projects! Hope to get back to you soon! Have a lovely sunday and thanks for coming by!!! ♥

2012/06/07

Chloe by Victory Patterns

Good afternoon lovely readers!

What can I say? Finished sewing projects are piling up just because I do not find enough time to make photos...ok, and sometimes I am just too lazy... ;)

Anyway, finally pulled myself together and made some shots of my Chloe version of Victory Patterns

 
I guess Victory Patterns already crossed your way on the internet. This independent pattern line by Kristiann has been featured a lot recently. You can find some very interesting interviews with her on Paunnet, Tilly and the Buttons and A Fashionable Stitch.

Anyway, back to my version! I opted for some kind of hybrid version. The pattern suggests to either make a sleeveless version with contrast binding or a sleeves version with contrasting sleeves, but not necessarily contrast binding. I definitely wanted sleeves, but not necessarily in a contrast fabric because I felt like contrasting sleeves would make this dress looking too sportive. In order to avoid too much simplicity and because I used light beige colored linen for the shell, again, I came along turquoise for contrast binding.


I am really glad about this decision! Feels like this is a dress which fits relatively casual as well as elegant occasions. Another plus of the turquoise: it prevents this dress being mistaken with a potato sack!...just kidding... ;)


Résumé about Victory Patterns: Really nice pattern with great and easy to follow instructions. Of course, I was too lazy to make a muslin, but have been lucky, that this dress fitted me almost without modifications. Only alteration made was a shortening of the shoulder seams to lift up the bust darts.

Have a lovely day everybody and kindly stay tuned as I will be back next week!...haha, managed to make photos of two projects today...I am so proud of myself... ;)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...