Shame on me! Again over one month since my last blogpost!
Anyway, summer has arrived and no one can be blamed for spending more time outside, right? ;)
So in today's post I would like to justify myself and let you know how I spent my time without sewing. Before there will be at least two new sewing projects in the upcoming week!
1. I received a wonderful surprise by Oonaballoona! Remember my 'Pay it forward' mission in last year? Oona took part and I sent her a little something. Luckily she decided to make me one of her chosen ones! As such she 'paid me back'. And as I opened her little parcel I was just like: "wooooohoooo!!!" :D
Three fancy beautiful self made fabric bracelets, lots of funny iron on tags and a super super super cool music compilation, which has become one of my best friends while driving to work!
Oona, if you read this, THANK YOU!!! I love your package!
2. I finally found the antique looking hand clip I was looking for!!! I found one of them on Etsy and one on a fleamarket so far. But both tooooo expensive. Finally, there had been a good offer by another Etsy seller.
This hand can be attached to a wall and then paper, brochures, tickets, etc. can be clipped by the hand. I do not know why, but I simply had to have this one!!!
3. Last weekend I joined Haldern Pop 2012. Remember I went there last year? This year was more lucky! 4 days full of sunshine (last year 4 days full of rain!), beautiful music and beautiful people.
If you are not into participating large music festivals with huge crowds, I can only recommend Haldern Pop!!! It is consciously kept small, held on farmer fields on the countryside and the atmosphere is totally relaxed! I am pretty sure, it is because of that, that they as a small festival succeed to invite and present music bands from all over the world.
My favorite bands of this year and recommended from my side: Dan Mangan (Canada), Tune Yards (US), Two Door Cinema Club (Ireland) and Phillip Poisel (Germany).
4. I had lots of delicious food...ahh, I know it is so Asian to take photos of one's food. But sometimes I just cannot resist! ;)
5. And I enjoyed spending time in nature! This summer I tried several paddling sports from kayaking up to stand up paddling. Dear readers, I have never felt so much relaxation as with SUP! Strongly recommended!
That's what happened in the meantime! Thanks for being so patient! Next sewing outcome will come up tomorrow!!! Have a lovely sunday!