2012/04/29

Office Blouse



Hello lovely readers!!!

First of all, thank you so so much for all the support, encouragement and really great suggestions on my last 'cry for help' post!!!
This is exactly, why I love blogging. You simply give me so so much! AND I was able to rescue that Darling Ranges Dress. Kindly, give me a little more time! I am waiting for beautiful sunny weather and provide you then the result! :D 

Meanwhile, I want to show you a blouse I have finished! I am now working in an office and am in need of loooots of blouses.
Anyway, I don't really like the standard blouse collar on me. It makes me look so boring and conservative, so I opted for this interesting pattern with stand-up collar from Burda magazine 2008/1 (model no. 107).

I like the way the front is kind of 'puzzled' (see below photo for details) and the fact that the 'bib' is against the grainline. It adds that little pizzazz allowed. ;)

The fabric has been waiting in my stash for more than 5 years! Wow, I am so glad to finally have found some pattern for this one!

Dear Tilly, you see you aren't the only one suffering from stitcher's indecision! :D
I truly hope to find some help in your reader's comments!!!

Have a lovely sunday dear readers! And thanks again for all your warm support!!! ♥♥♥

19 comments:

  1. What a lovely blouse. I recently acquired a sewing machine and am hoping to use it this summer, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab looking top with lovely details. Wonderful work on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful blouse and it suits you perfectly! apparently sometimes fabrics have to wait for the correct pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one funky blouse! I love the piece-i-ness (new word I just made up) with the stripes- it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, thanks Amanda! I will definitely use your new word from now on!...piece-i-ness! I love that! :D

      Delete
  5. You are so nice person and that makes me as a reader want to say what i think when i understand that feedback is welcome :) Such a lovely blog!!

    Is your everyday work in office also creative or is the sewing and stuff we see in blog just a hobbie?

    Besti Wishes
    Kristel from Estonia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi K! Oh, I wish I had such a creative job! But that which is not, may yet be! ;) Maybe one day I can turn my passion for creation also into something I can make a living on! Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  6. I think you do look great with untraditional collars and oriental inspired clothes. Congrats on finding a job, I hope you like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Yes, it is always interesting to start a new job. Everything is still very new to me and luckily my colleagues are all very very nice! :D

      Delete
  7. die ist ja toll! ich liebe diese art kragen, mir stehen diese normalen blusenkragen ü-ber-haupt nicht und ich seh immer besch...eiden aus. und besonders gefällt mir, dass du den gleichen stoff verschieden verwendet hast!
    viele grüße
    nyhet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, danke Nyhet! Gut zu wissen, das Andere dasselbe Problem haben! ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh this is so lovely! You always make such amazingly stylish and beautiful things. Really love the high collar in particular. (Oh and yes I can relate to the fabric stashing issue!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I love that collar, and the interesting yoke! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely blouse, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a very nice blouse and it's matching with spring weather!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very very cute blouse!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's super pretty, but the cervix is ​​not it too near the neck?

    Thank you to you to share with us all these wonders;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Fatiha! You are really observant! I do like to wear this blouse with the first button opened! :P Next time I will definitely make some alterations on the collar!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...