2012/03/15

Winter Sleep - It's time to get up!

Lovely readers and friends,

Waaah, it has been over 2 months since my very last post. During that time and especially in the last two weeks, I received mails from some of you, worrying about whether I am still there.

I am so sorry for having let some of you worry, but honestly speaking, it was also heart-warming to realize that a few people from all over the world spend a moment to give thought to me. Thank you dear readers. That was a great and welcome support.

So how can I apologize this long winter sleep like break?!

Well, a lot has happened in this no longer brand new year 2012. First, life brought me to my knees and there were some obstacles to meet and some lessons to learn. Anyway, everything turned out to be ok and even better than I had hoped. So I got back on track the last 3 weeks and am highly motivated to meet all new and unknown challenges, which are about to come up in my life.

Finally, I can tell you about the beautiful changes in my life! There have been several 'first times' since my last post! First of all, I became a proud aunt of a lovely little baby boy!


Isn't he sweet?! I am so longing to see him. Unfortunately, he lives in Taiwan, so that I will have to wait a little until I can hug and cuddle him. At least, I get a new photo of him everyday from my lovely sister-in-law. :D

Second, I went on a short trip to Belgium for the very first time. It is such a shame, that I haven't been there before as it really isn't that far away from the place were I live.


We went to Antwerp, admired the beautiful architecture, enjoyed the great shopping opportunities and even got some cultural education at the Rubenshuis.


On our last day we went to the Belgian sea. You need to know, that I LOVE the sea. Ok, I don't know anyone who doesn't. ;)...anyway, I need to go to the sea, at least, once a year. It it just a wonderful place to arrange one's ideas.


Last but not least, I am now a proud owner of my very first car! Yay!!! :D
You see, lots has happened and kept me busy! However, I did manage to sew from time to time and hopefully be able to share my little projects in the upcoming days.


Left you see one of my first projects this year. Awaiting spring I made this loose fitting blouse with a floral fabric leftover. 

Do you remember for which project I used this fabric before?
Here is the answer. ;)

Thank you so much for your loyalty! More is to come up soon! Have a lovely day everybody!

19 comments:

  1. YAY! You're back! I've been wanting to write you several times but when I saw that you were posting things on Facebook I told myself "She's alive and fine, she just wants to take a break, let her be".
    I'm so happy to read that everything is going fine! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Yes, I was fine in the last few weeks and definitely in recovery. ;)...I am so glad to finally be back on track!

      Delete
  2. welcome back! i was just thinking about you yesterday as i gathered my pay it forward materials together. yep, almost one year later. i figure at this point i might as well do it on the anniversary ;) but obviously there are many things in life to distract us, i hope your distractions are ever becoming more pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks oona! i am so glad to be back, too! and yes!i want more of these pleasant distractions! ;)

      ooooh, i almost forgot about the pay it forward! i can't wait to see what you are going to come up with! :D

      Delete
  3. It's nice that you're back. Keep up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks laura! i am giving my best to keep up! :)

      Delete
  4. So lovely to hear you are well (I was checking your blog nearly every day for updates!) and good that you have overcome your obstacles and are sounding positive about new challenges, whatever they may be. Sending you lots of positive vibes via the internet xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you are so lovely Tilly! I will do my best to keep you updated more regularly! ;) But it is so nice to read, that you gave a thought to me, too!!! Positive vibes are very welcome and warm hugs are sent back to you via internet! xx

      Delete
  5. I am so glad you are back, Nette :) So many amazing things have happened to you the last couple of months! Ohhh the baby is cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jewel, and sorry that I haven't replied your mail, yet! I will come back to you soon! Promise! :)

      Delete
  6. Great to see you back! That's a cute blouse! Great fabric, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alessa!...I love this fabric, too. Great blouse to await spring! :)

      Delete
  7. Wie schön, dass du wieder da bist. :)
    Antwerpen ist super, ich hoffe ich kann dieses Jahr vielleicht wieder hinfahren. Wir waren letztes Jahr von der Schule aus dort und haben uns die Modenschau der Mode-Studenten angeschaut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Ani! Ich fands auch super schön! Hatte mir auch fest vorgenommen das Modemuseum zu besuchen. Leider hatten die genau zu dieser Zeit wegen Umbauten geschlossen...aaaah, aber vielleicht das nächste Mal! ;)

      Delete
  8. Welcome back! You were missed. Glad to hear about the good new things in your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christina. It is so nice to read, that my blog is appreciated! :D I will try to keep up!

      Delete
  9. Welcome back! It's so nice to see you! Congratulations on the baby nephew (and the new wheels!)! You look so lovely in that floral blouse-- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Post! Very nice pictures of spring :)

    take a look at my blog too if you want :) on
    http://www.aboutblackponies.com/2012/03/new-tattered-shorts.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a cute baby, make me smile...I love childrens:):* so so so cute little one:) You are happy aunt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...