2012/03/25

DIY Gift Voucher for a self-made garment

Bow blouse on a little copper hanger and self-made little boutique like carry bag
Promised you an inspiration regarding a DIY Gift Voucher for a self-made garment in this year's first post. 

A little late, but here it comes. I have used this idea twice this year already and it seems, that both recipients were quite happy with it!

So the idea is very simple. I sew tiny, little garments with hand (see how tiny they are in relation to the pug).

The voucher on the left was for a female friend. She really liked my big bow wanderlust blouse and thus I decided to make one for her, too. 
 
Good thing with this voucher is, that you already have a little handmade item to really hand over on the recipient's birthday AND that the recipient is able to choose the fabric on her/his own. I mean, wouldn't it be a pity, if you as a seamstress put great efforts into the accomplishment of a self-made garment, just to find out in the end, that the recipient isn't into the color of your chosen fabric? 

Below you see the voucher for the male friend. This was a little more problematic because I didn't know, at all, what kind of garment he would like. So I made him a selection of 3 garments (cardigan, anorak, shirt) and wrote below 'voucher for a garment of your choice'.


I think it is all about the little details, which make these vouchers really cute and special. For example, the little copper wire clothes hanger (really easy to bend), the little labels or the little beads pretending to be buttons.



So, if you do have some time to spare, this might be a good idea for a dear friend of yours, too.

Hope you liked it and wish you all a beautiful and lovely sunday!

24 comments:

  1. Was für eine entzückende Idee! Nicht nur, einer Freundin ein tolles Kleidungsstück zu nähen. Sondern auch, das Geschenk so zu überreichen, das ist einfach hinreißend!

    Liebe Grüße,
    Mond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this is the funniest craziest coolest idea ever. Those little garments are a treat in themselves and I love that you give your recipients options. Pinning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's genius and really cute! I'll absolutely use that someday, maybe for my mothers birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ich liebe es! Und der Mops ist wirklich süß!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is SO cute! The gift idea is a lovely one, but the form of the voucher makes it just perfect. The little garments are so pretty, the whole packaging is unique and stylish and the whole gift is absolutely beautiful :)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! Such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are too too too too cute! I can't take it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, ich bin grade total platt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo adorable! But I can't even imagine how you did it! How do you get the tiny sleeves in?!?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! But I'd prefer a gift that I could wear ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This the greatest idea!!! I often thought about giving something handmade for a birthday and this is a great way to give the recipient some choice (without him/her going too crazy with their own designs).
    You're very brave for sewing for boys, I haven't had the courage for that yet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. h wow, how adorable!! I love this idea!! I'm way too new to be able to have the skill/confidence to make something for someone else yet, but I'll totally be doing this once I'm more accomplished :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is a really cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I often give vouchers as gifts for activities or handmades but had never thought of doing this. I love this idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the little pug! I own a pug named Birdie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your idea is so cute! Maybe i could (should?) try? And the tiny clothes are nice

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is ridiculously cute! I'd be happy just receiving the voucher to hang on my wall!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is genius!! I really want to make handmade presents this year but didn't know how to do it without saying, "by the way I'm making you a dress.."! I can't wait to make these!! Thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's so adorable!!! I love it.
    Glad to discover your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is great! I have a few friends who i have promised such things. this would seal the deal oh so sweetly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...