2012/01/07

New Year's Eve Tunic



Finally some new cloth! 

But first of all HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody. Hopefully all of you have had a good start and hopefully all of your dreams and wishes will come true this year. 

I got busy the evening before new year's eve and started this flowery mustard colored tunic.

You know, that I try to fulfill my resolution of at least one garment/ project per week! So this one was a good start, I guess.
Luckily, I was able to finish it just on the 31st. So I made it my new year's eve tunic and paired it with a simple deep blue colored cardigan and some deep blue tights.

 
The pattern is from a Japanese magazine called Pochee (Autumn 2011). You can see the original one on the right side with a purple colored cloth.

I have to admit, that I like the sack-style...it gives you enough room to eat as much as you want, even if you are attending a party...you can always blame your belly on the tunic! :D







Have you sewn yourself a new garment for new year's eve?
Anyway, hope you enjoyed yourself! I had lots of yummy food on mine! ;)

See you soon with a DIY gift voucher inspiration!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute! I bet it looks great with skinny jeans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous print! This tunic is so your style! I bet it looked amazing with those blue tights.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tunic and a very nice print indeed. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Nette!
    Very pretty tunic! I like your new year's resolution ;) So, that would be 51 projects left to go this year! I can't wait to see them all :)

    As for me, I am taking a break from Blogging. But will be back soon with a new blog site!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy new Year!! Love your blog :D
    A great dress and I agree with you: sack-style are amazing! You can eat as much as you want and you're always perfect :D

    my blog:
    http://alicecloset-sewing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Blog! I'm so glad I found it! I look forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog and really like your sewing projects. The tunic is so cute. I wish I could read Japanese...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nette, I miss you and you beautiful creations. I hope that you'll come back soon ;-) Have a nice week-end

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...