2011/08/09

Preparing for my very first festival with my very first self printed shirt!

Hey you! I told you that I would come up with more prints! This time my very own creation. Somehow there is already an autumn atmosphere here in Germany so I chose to make that a theme for the print. Squirrels and acorns! :) Again I made the stamps myself using linoleum and some sharp cutters.


Then I had to search for a pattern on which this print might work well and I was inspired by a blouse by Steven Alan's fall 2011 collection (blouse no. 25). I used his silhouette and changed a dress pattern from burdastyle 04/11 (no. 107) to get this overlapping front with ribbon closure.


The inner front always fell down while wearing it, so I added some transparent press buttons.


So about the title of this blog post! I am so so so excited. I am about to go to my very first festival! :) My boyfriend got us some tickets for the Haldern Pop Festival (August 11th-13th). So this shall be one of my festival outfits. ;)

See that little raspberry colored bag? I also made my smaller camera a nice bag, which can be easily carried. Like this I have it on my hands very quickly. 


This bag was super simple. I used a tutorial by Pink Penguin, but did some alterations. For example I added a leather handle with the help of two button holes on top of this case. I also didn't choose to add a button, but stitched up one side and added some hook-and-loop on the other. The camera slides in just great in this way. So now you know what I will be wearing on one day of my festival tour! :)


Definitely I will be wearing the handmade friendship bracelet Paunnet gave to me. Simply a perfect accessory for it! <3

Wish me good luck with the weather! See you!!! xoxo Nette

Last but not least some bands I really look forward to:










13 comments:

  1. Your shirt is so cute! Hope you have lovely weather for the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely shirt! The stamps turned out so well. And the little bag is so cute! Hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaw, you made a very nice print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, what a lovely print.. it reminds me of a squirrel that we used to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo cute! I love the squirrels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely shirt! And Haldern Pop is great! My boyfriend played there last year, his band is playing again this year, they're called the Black Atlantic. I would pair this shirt with some rain boots though, festivals can get awfully muddy. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Normally, squirrels on a shirt reminds me of this horrible sweatshirt that my grandmother gave me once, but this is so lovely and sweet. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  8. das ist unglaublich süß! und die idee mit dem tragegurt für die kameratasche ist super! hach, egal wie das wetter wird, das wird toll! da bin ich mir sicher...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So ein süßes Shirt..

    Ich wünsche dir viel Spass auf dem Festival!
    Habe grade mal neugierig ins Programm geschaut und erspäht, dass am Sonntag Warpaint spielen. Die solltest du dir nicht entgehen lassen!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely festival shirt nette :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful shirt! Loves it to the maxxxx <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so so so cute! im inspired.. im working on my piggy print fabric now. i washed it once, and it seems to be durable for machine wash, which made me really happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. so adorable. I currently purchased fabric ink at Etsy and planning self printing fabric. Where do you get those fabric ink? In Deutchland or internet? I'm in switzerland.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...