2011/08/03

belle in mustard


You might think: "Huh?! Where did Nette get these long legs from?!"...hahaha...of course, I cannot offer you these! This is Sarah one of my best friends and she is wearing a dress made by me. She has been waiting for months until I finally found some time to make this one for her.


Isn't this mustard cotton fabric, chosen by herself, just stunning?!  It's from Joel Dewberry.


The pattern is from BurdaStyle Magazine 2009/08 (no. 128). I have made this dress once before and love its simple, elegant, but also casual look. Luckily, not a lot of fitting was needed and we could go out right away to take some photos!

P.S.: Thank you girls so so much for your birthday wishes! :)

15 comments:

  1. I'm revaluating mustard color! Good job! I love this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. auch hier noch einmal...vielen lieben dank! ich freue mich schon total darauf, es gleich meiner mutter zu zeigen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most gorgeous dress and fabric combination! Stunning, how can I get my hands on this pattern...is it in print anywhere?! What a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I used this same fabric for my Birdie Sling bag but it looks absolutely stunning as a dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just AWESOME. she is verrrrrry lucky, in legs and in sewing friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I am so in love with this dress! I'm dying to make it now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely! I love birds, yellow and sleeves. What kind of weight was the fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Cirque Du Bebe
    Thanks you! :D

    Seems like it is quiet difficult to get one's hands on this pattern. Neither the US nor the German Burda website offer this one anymore. :(
    Maybe you have more luck in a library or perhaps also ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Tilly
    Thanks Tilly! Actually, this fabric is quilting weight. I know many seamstresses refuse to use quilting fabrics, but I thought it fits quite well with this pattern. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ all

    Thanks for all these lovely comments! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. schön das, und mit dem wetter hattet ihr ja auch eine menge glück!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This dress is so cute! Birds and mustard are my favorite combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its beautiful nette! I'm in love with all things mustard at the moment, sarah has great taste in fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful girl in a gorgeous dress... Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a great dress! I love the color and it fits you perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...