2011/06/27

Pole dancing?!

Wow, it has been almost a week since I turned in my diploma thesis. A very strange feeling, I can tell you. All those years I spent at university are now a part of my past...well, at least I hope so! :)

Now, new ways are turning up and I am not quite sure, yet, which one to choose. I guess I need a little more time to think over what I really wish for my future and look out for what possibilities I have, in order to feel certain.





At least I got back on track with my sewing passion! :) Here we go. It is a jumpsuit!!! I saw this pattern in a Japanese magazine and always kept this one in mind. Last week I got really lucky and found this beautiful flowery rayon fabric at our local fabric store for only 3 Euro per metre. I fell in love at once!!!




Although we had some very cold days last week (13 degrees celsius!)... today was a perfect summer day (35 degrees celsius!)! 

This loose fit jumpsuit is just perfect for this weather. Feels like wearing almost nothing! 
 
And it is definitely more convenient than a dress or a skirt for my other passion: bike riding! 

I only wish I had better shoes to combine with this outfit! ;)

Have you ever made a jumpsuit? This is my first one and I was a little skeptical at the begin- ning. Do you think it would have looked better with long pants?



Wishing all of you some perfect summery days to come!

19 comments:

  1. Oh I love this! Its lovely! Great fabric and such a great look for you! It's darling! I've totally got jumpsuit fever - I need to break one out now I think! xoxo, Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nette!

    I love your jumpsuit :) It is so cute! It is very nice fabric. I love your belt too! Congrats on your diploma! I hope you are feeling better after the excitement. Did you use your mother's sewing machine to sew this suit? I really hope you will get the sewing machine :)Have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my first time at your blog, and I think you have a really wonderful aesthetic. Also,the jump-suit is really gorgeous!Perfect match between fabric and pattern.

    (btw. I think the length is perfect, and short is so much better for summer!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this looks nice, a specially with belt:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think it would be cool long as well, but the short version is summer perfect! and highly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute jump suit, the trousers are the perfect length for summer! I actually had one that my parents brought me from their second honeymoon in Italy when I was about 10 years old. Nowadays, I don't think it's quite the right style for my figure... *g*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute jumpsuit - it looks comfortable. I am sure one with long trousers could look trés chique as well :) And the nature in the background is stunning. I ♥ Scandinavia!

    All the best, enjoy this new phase of your life!

    This Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cute and perfect for summer! I must say that if I had legs like yours, I'd definitely cut the short shorter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first thing i had in mind when i read the title of this entry 'oh shes into pole dancing too!' hehehe!i've been wanting to learn pole dancing actually to lose weight. i thought ur into it. anyways, it is also next in my sewing projects...jumpsuit for me and my little girl. Yours is wonderfully made with the matching obi like belt. color as well is very summery.
    take care nette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! The fabric is really lovely and the jumpsuits is just right!! Seems like it's getting warmer there! Enjoy your summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sehr schön ! Ich finds mit kurzen Beinen etwas tragbarer als mit langen, deswegen finde ich den Jumpsuit, so wie er ist, klasse,

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi nette! the jumpsuit looks great on you! i like "female" magazine too, i think its a great deal for so many patterns/instructions come with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's really lovely - I think the length is just perfect and I love the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Fashionable Stitcher
    You can do that Sunni! I am looking forward to your version! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. @★Jewel★
    Yes, it really was a very exciting and stressful time. Now I have got to wait for the results. Oh! :)
    Right, I used my mothers machine. But as you might know already, I REALLY WON! Thank you so much Jewel for having supported me. This surely has to become a great summer! Wishing the same to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Geri
    Thanks for your comment Geri! I am glad you like what I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Iveta, oona, alessa, anna, kayo, sewing on trend, chie and carlycrafts:
    Thank you so much for your compliments...oh, they are always so flattering that I almost blush! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. @{ T G L }
    Thanks so much for your comment and wishes! I like this nature and the scandinavian one a lot, too. It definitely looks like Scandinavia on these photos, but indeed it is a little more south of it, Germany! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Ai
    hahaha...I am sure, that this title would have tricked me, too! :)
    I have heard of pole dancing to loose weight! It must be very, very exhausting. If you ever try it, you have to tell me your experiences!
    And I am looking forward to your jumpsuit set! Your daughter is such a little cutie pie! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...