2011/06/02

Ginger Party! Yeay!

Finally, I can show you my finished ginger! Taking part in this sew along really was a lot of fun! And, additionally, I learnt a lot new stuff, like e.g. how to add piping accurately (if you don't know, yet, take a look at Sunni's great post!). One thing I did miss out on AGAIN was how to insert an invisible zipper with a sewing machine. Studies took plenty of my time, so that I just couldn't concentrate to really learn that lesson. That is why I had to sew it in by hand AGAIN...I will definitely, try to learn that soon...guess, once managed I could save a lot of time! :)

So here comes my part in the Ginger Party!


And a little close up.


Have a look at what all the other lovely participants made:
Have a beautiful day everybody!

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE the heart pockets! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love it! I want to make one! What pattern is it?
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your version! It's so sweet! The piping really topped the whole thing off and the pockets are just adorable. I'm so impressed that you put in an invisible zipper by hand! It looks fabulous! Such a lovely job! xoxo, Sunni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your version, it's adorable. And I think I'll copy your piped heart shape pockets sooner or later, they're so cute (thanks for adding the tutorial on Burdastyle). For the invisible zipper: if you don't have one, definitely invest in an invisible zipper foot for your machine. I fought with invisible zippers for years, but after buying the foot they are easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sieht super aus, die Farben harmonieren toll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous! love love LOVE the pockets, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! I like how you coordinate with the top and shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sarah
    Hi Sarah! It is the 'Ginger' skirt by Colette Patterns. I can only recommend it, it was such a fun and easy project! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Paunnet Ha! Thanks for the advice, I will surely do that very, very soon and keep you updated, if I can really manage that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ all of you: Thank you very very much for all your so lovely comments. I am at the moment super busy with my diploma thesis, but your comments always brighten my day!!! Thanks so much! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really beautiful. Love, love, love the piping and the heart pockets. It looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It turned out so wonderfully :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, you really sew wonderful stuff :)! You have a new follower...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...