2011/05/19

Ginger Sewalong - Fabric Selection

This is going to be a short post, only, but I just wanted to tell you, that I am going to take part in the Ginger Sewalong hosted on A Fashionable Stitch by Sunni!

I am really excited, as this is going to be my very first sew along and I don't really know, yet how it works. Anyway, I love the idea to be sewing the same project with so many other seamstresses worldwide. So I am pretty sure it is going to be lots of fun.

And here comes my fabric selection. Like so many of you, I have a huge fabric stash, too...so I decided on some fabric I already have and not to purchase more and more...I guess you can tell how hard that is! ;)

I chose this middle-weight, soft corduroy in pastel rosé. Then I thought this might be a little too boring and made up my mind how to spice it up. And tadaa, I plan on making some stripy piping in blue and white. Hopefully, that turns out as good as I imagine...


Are you taking part in this sewalong, too? Or have you already done so in the past? Let me know about your experiences! 
Bye, bye and have a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. That fabric is so cute! And I love the idea of the piping (by the way, I want a big roll of cording like that!)
    I think I'll participate too, I didn't want to buy new fabric for such a simple project so I'll have to dig in my stash.
    I participated to Casey's swing dress sew along and it was a beautiful experience. There is always something to learn, and I loved the feeling of a big common project, where everyone helped each other. The final "party", when everyone revealed her finished garment, was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pattern, your fabric choices and the sew along idea! However, I don´t participate in sew alongs, because it would be too restricting for me, as my plans are usually quite chaotic :). Also, I don´t want to buy any new patterns - I have too many projects already planned. But I´m looking forward to seeing what you and others make! J.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...