2011/05/14

60s me doing spring cleaning

After a whole week of non-blogging, I am finally back to show you what I made this week. I am so sorry, but my studies are currently that time consuming, forcing me even to impose a regulation of one project per week on myself. :(

That is quite hard, as you can imagine, but fortunately all this stress is going to have an end very soon!!!  So please cross your fingers for me!

Anyway, I tried my hands on one of Colette's new patterns called Violet this week. The peter pan collar is so adorable, that I just could not resist. I already loved the version done by Sarai on her spring palette. By the way, Patty from the snug bug also posted her so cute pretty in pink version just yesterday.

For my version I chose a very lightweight blue-red floral cotton. I made a size 4, but had to do several adjustments on the bust. Also I think that maybe the shoulders are a little big, so that I want to try a size smaller next time. I can definitely recommend this pattern. The instructions are so neat and the result is just lovely. 

Somehow wearing this blouse made me feel kind of vintage today. That is why I wanted to try something new with the presentation of this project. The theme is pretty clear I guess! 60s housewife doing spring cleaning! ;) ...aww, I know, kind of lame, but anyway, for a first vintage inspired shoot, these ain't sooo bad.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

 
 
P.S.: Thank you so much for your lovely comments on the scallop button up skirt pattern! I even got featured on BurdaStyle and that just extremely made my day! I hope you are going to enjoy sewing your own versions!!!

25 comments:

  1. yours is SO adorable! I'm totally working on some pattern adjustments to get those shoulders to the right size! And thanks for the mention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my GAW. this is freaking delicious! i would clean every minute if i had this outfit!

    congrats on the BS front page (she's being modest, peeps: she's the member project of the week!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woho, such a sexy lady:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pics are adorable! That's a sweet pattern and I love the print you chose! A wonderful weekend to you too!xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I looked that cute while cleaning! I hear you about school. I'm getting ready to start my masters program in the fall so I'm going to be sewing like mad this summer while I still can!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun photoshoot. Your personality really shows through! Adorable garment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love sewing too and found your blog this morning. It gives me some idea of what to make this summer. thank you.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your top is wonderful! I've been wanting that pattern since they introduced it and this may have just convinced me to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! I love this vintage inspired project! It reminded me the Rosie the Riveter:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, and the fabric you picked is just perfect! At first I thought the pattern was a bit blah, but your version is so inspiring! And I like your shoes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. how adorable is this?? And you look great with red lipstick!
    Congratulations on being featured, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your fabric choice and photos are great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too cute! I just got my Violet in the mail; hopefully it turns out as wonderful as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. @Stephanie Lynn
    hahaha...well, to be honest, of course, I look totally different while cleaning! ;)...guess it would be a pity to wear this to a cleaning occasion!
    You should definitely sew as much as you can, while you still have the time to!!! :) studies...

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Ophelia.K
    hihi...thanks kayo! wish i can be really that strong one day, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. @Paunnet
    thanks anna...I was so surprised and am so excited to see whether others really are going to use my pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Reana Louise
    I am sure it will! If you don't mind let me know, when you are about to have finished it, so I can take a peek! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. @coco
    I am glad you got some inspiration! Thanks for your lovely comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. haaaa was ein tolles bild von dir. die bluse ist wirklich total gut. ein wirklich schönes outfit und eine bluse zum angeben! super gemacht nette!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the fabric you used to make this blouse, and that collar is adorable. Great photo shoot. Thanks for the inspiration. I think I need to take a look at this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so great! Thanks for sharing at Make Something Monday!! You are adorable!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow - this is just SO lovely!! I was feeling pretty indifferent about this pattern, but I'm completely inspired by your version. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is beautiful. I love it!! I want this pattern now. I need to start making tops

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...