2011/03/17

1,000 Origami Cranes


Sorry, for the lack of posts these days. But like many of you I have been too distracted by the situation in Japan. 

While all my thoughts go to Japan and its people, the legend and meaning of origami cranes came to my mind. As far as I know those who are able to fold 1,000 are granted a wish by a crane. 

I can only begin with this very first one to show, at least, my deepest solidarity to the Japanese people.

Click to enlarge
I have made a step by step photo instruction for this fabric crane, which you can enlarge by clicking on the collage. It can be easily done with a few hand stitches. 

If you would like to make one, too, it would be nice, if you could send me a photo of your finished crane. I am thinking about uploading them onto my blog as some sign of worldwide mental encouragement for Japan.

Please send them to: 
nettevivante 'at' hotmail 'dot' de

And in case you haven't noticed, yet. Like some other bloggers worldwide, I am holding a raffle in order to collect donations for 'Japan Earthquake and Tsunami Relief Fund'.

Please check out mine and those of our fellow bloggers:

And in addition to this Kayo from Crochetie is planning on opening a used book store online. Donations will be made by her sale. So keep on checking her blog.

頑張って日本!

0 Kommentare:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...