2011/01/20

House Sewing Box - Sneak Preview

At the moment I am working on my House Sewing Box. Maybe you have seen my little sketch in one of the earlier posts. When I saw Cath Kidston's Town House Sewing Box on Tilly's blog I could not resist and immediately wanted to make me one on my own. I didn't think that it would be so much fun. It is not finished, yet, but I would like to show you a little sneak preview!

These are the exterior embellishments for the facade. I got some inspiration for the windows and the door from a book called 'Faciful Felties'. I tried to embroider them by hand and machine.
The apple tree is similar to the one on the original box. I added a dog and its kennel, a clothesline with cloths, many colorful flowers and some ivy, which I want to stick on the walls of my house.


But, of course, first of all I had to build the exterior. I didn't use nails, as my wood was too thin, so I used some wooden sticks and glued the whole exterior construction.
 After that I glued red felt on the walls and bright beige felt (which I first embroidered with red stitches to give it some kind of wooden touch) on the roof. Maybe you can see the embroidery by clicking the photo.

I am looking forward to get it all together, soon. Unfortunately, that will still have to wait a little...too many ideas and not enough time!


P.S.: Welcome to all new followers and readers! Thank you for all those lovely comments! ♥♥♥

8 comments:

  1. That's a dream house:) I am so looking forward to seeing the final result!! Those windows are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see your finished house..what a great idea to make your own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is gonna be soooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, wie liebevoll du alles ausgeschnitten hast!!
    Mit gefällt vor allem der Hund :D
    Machst du innen auch irgendwas? Nadelkissen oder so?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ophelia K.: Oh, I would love to live there, actually! :) Thank you!

    @ Alexandra & Tilly: Thank you! :)

    @ MeikeVanessa: hihi, danke dir! Der hund ist süß, ne? Hab ich aus einem Buch von AranziAronzo. Sind übrigens viele süße Sachen drin! Ich glaub das hab ich dir noch gar nicht gezeigt! Bring ich nächste Mal mit! :)
    Ne, drinnen bleibt einfach nur lackiert. Ich dachte mir, dass ich da drin all die Stoffreste aufbewahren könnte, die ich nur schweren Herzens wegwerfen würde. Nadelkissen-Schornstein wird auch noch kommen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this looks like a lot of fun and so adorable. Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The door and window frames are adorable! I can't wait to see the finished box!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ja, bitte bring es mit! Ich wäre doch für eine gemeinsame Bibliothek so langsam :D

    Nochwas: wie schließt du denn den Deckel? Oder klappst du ihn einfach nur zu, ohne Verschluß?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...