2010/12/27

The day after...

Hey girls! 
I hope you had wonderful christmas holidays! Mine were just perfect with family, games and lots of fabulous food, which I just could not get enough of! 

So today I am going to do a little showcase of my presents. My parents got me the following two books, which I wanted to have for some time already.

Coco Chanel: The Legend and the Life


Of course, I haven't read the whole book, yet. But even just the photos, illustrations and graphics are worth having it. This woman has just been so amazing and I cannot wait to get to know her better.

Boutique Knits: 20 +

I am a total knitting newbie, but this book is just so inspiring, that I am willing to go through this torture of learning how to knit. I hope that I can understand those instructions soon. Does anybody has some advice on how to learn knitting best? Another book or website?




My boyfriend got me an half year subscription of BurdaStyle and in addition these ergonomically designed Prym sewing tools!
Hopefully these will put an end to my tortured hands. :)






And last but not least I got this chic Fifi Lapin brooch. Do you know her? The most fashionable bunny worldwide? 
Hihi, I just love her!
I am so into brooches, anyway, these days. How come they have been neglected as jewellery for such a long time?



And here comes one more christmas present I made for my boyfriend. A striped, color blocked sweater. Which is just as comfy as it looks! Luckily, I did not have to do any changes and he could wear it immediately. :)


Maybe you remember my wish for a sewing closet? My father has been working hard on it for about 2 months already! I would have never imagined, that it would take so much time and effort to build it! Unfortunately, he was not able to finish it for Christmas Eve. But that just ain't no problem! I can wait and am looking forward to finally get my hands on and my sewing stuff into that closet! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh that's knitted cloche is killing me! I want to have it so much!!! Sadly I don't knit though. Tried it before, but couldn't continue.
    Anyway, I can feel that you had a really nice time with your family and sweet boy friend! We made something similar for our partner, eh?
    You wanted the scraps? I wish I should have asked first. Actually I wasn't sure if anybody would be interested in that or not..
    Please tell your Dad that "not all Dad can do it, and your daughter is so lucky".

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, in die bücher möche ich auch gerne reingucken! die handgelenkwärmer (wie nennt man die denn?) find ich total schön!
    freds jacke konnte ich mir ja heute schon live angucken...wahnsinn, wie du das wieder gezaubert hast!
    fifi lapin? :D die kannte ich auch noch nicht :D
    und ich muss auch mal sagen, dass ich die frisur von eurem schneemann wirklich stylisch finde!!

    und du weißt ja: gut ding will weile haben! ich bin mir sicher, dass der nähschrank alles in den schatten stellen wird :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an awesome Christmas. Love the sweater you made. Very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your presents! That bunny brooch is so great, I´m glad brooches are back :). That Coco book looks interesting and I love those knitted hats! I would love to learn to knit, but I´m afraid I´m too impatient for that... I think the best way is just to find someone who can show you how to do it... I want to learn to crochet, really bad - it´s much more difficult to me than sewing... too much counting and numbers, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Ophelia K.: Yes, knitting is really hard and I have to admit, that I do not understand any of this books instructions, yet! Hopefully, my friend Sarah is going to find some time to teach me soon! :) But I guess, it will still take some time until I have finished any knitting project! ;)
    I have told my father as you said! I think, he really was a little touched and proud of himself! :)

    @ MeikeVanessa: huhuhu, nicht mehr lange...vielleicht ist er übermorgen fertig!!!

    @ janul: You are so right. I am myself very afraid that I won't be able to start and more so continue knitting, as I am a very impatient person, too! But I will definitely try as soon as I can have some more leisure time!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...