2010/11/28

Casual Maritime

It has been getting very cold here in Germany, but at least the weather is fine today! So, finally, I had the chance to take some photos again. This is a "sweater dress" I finished already 2 weeks ago. I like my clothes to be comfy, yet not looking too comfortable!


I did not use a pattern for this dress. The skirt is made out of two large rectangles and the upper part is a copy of one of my simpler shirts. To give it something special I divided the yoke and decided to use two different fabrics.




I used two different sweatshirt fabrics. One is a dark blue and the other one is a maritime looking light grey one with blue stripes.

At first I wanted to add different golden buttons, but somehow they would have made the whole style less casual and did not really match the sweatshirt fabric. That is why I went for these heart-shaped buttons made out of shell which match well with the light grey.

Anyway, wish you all a relaxed sunday and a good start into tomorrow's week!!!

10 comments:

  1. This is really lovely! The buttons are perfect for the style and fabrics.
    I also like the tie belt you are wearing in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love things made out of sweatshirt material when they have more structure, like this. Love those buttons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wunderschönes kleid! wunder, wunderschön!
    ich bin mal wieder begeistert <3 domis mama war auch ganz hin und weg von deiner nähkunst!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome dress! I just love it! Great job designing it yourself. Joining two different fabrics on the bodice was brilliant. Enjoy wearing this. It really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute, love the combo of Navy Blue with brown accessories

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shape of the yoke and the button details. You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ♥♥♥ Thank you everybody for these lovely comments! They always brighten my day! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow nette, you did a great work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute Cute!
    I love marine border stripe, too!
    And I also love your belt. Very lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Y8 - Y8.com - Y8 Games - Y8 Gold Games

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...