2010/10/26

Inspired by Mathilde's Pantalon Alfred

About a month ago Mathilde from Paris uploaded her project "Pantalon Alfred" on BurdaStyle Community. I fell in love with her version of some trousers (BurdaStyle Magazine 06/2010), at once. Although I had this edition for months already, I had not noticed it in the magazine. But her aubergine colored version was just perfect in my view. That is why I tried to sew my own one. 

Sorry for the photos being a little dark.
These trousers have some pleats on the side of the high-waist. I had to do several fittings and narrow them because somehow they got too boxy at the hip. I am not too sure about how they fit me, but they are quite comfortable and I love the curvings at the trouser legs.
As you can see on the last photo I used contrasting cotton fabric for the trouser legs and also for the pockets.

11 comments:

  1. They fit you just perfect!
    =)
    ...hat Fred dich wieder geknippst?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ MeikeVanessa: dankeee! ;) ja, das war der Frederik.

    @ Jelena: Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Je suis terriblement flattée d'être à l'origine d'une telle réussite... Ton pantalon est très beau, il te va mieux qu'à moi! (et j'aime beaucoup ton petit gilet aussi...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. die hose ist wunderschön und steht dir sehr sehr gut!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ mathilde: merci beaucoup. cet gilet etait un présent de mon ami. :)

    @ sarah: danke dir! leider ist der stoff ein wenig steif und zieht gern ein wenig fusseln und staub an! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a very nice pant, very classy and I love the way you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you very much Angel for your comment. It makes me more comfortable wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look lovely on you - I am tempted to try this pattern now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are wonderful!! Do you have any idea of how to get a hold of the pattern?! I don't have that issue of Burdastyle and I can't figure out how to get it..

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ emily: I tried to contact you, but your profile is not visible for the public. So I hope you read the answer here. Where do you come from? Often you can find back issues on Ebay. Maybe you should give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...