Still in autumn mood I want to share my favorite seasonal recipe. Hokkaidô Pumpkin Soup! I really hope that some of you try it because it tastes soo delicious and is a real explosion of different tastes. In addition to that I do love its color! Have a look:
What you need:
1 hokkaidô pumpkin (0.8-1.2 kg),
1 or 2 apples,
butter or oil,
0.6-0.7 litre of stock,
some ginger spice, curry, chili powder, salt and pepper (season to taste),
some sherry (yes, sherry! but not too much!),
60 ml sour cream
What to do:
- Clean the pumpkin, cut it in half and get rid of the seeds with the help of a spoon. Then cut the pumpkin into several cubes.
- Clean the apple and peel the apple and the onion. Then cut both into small cubes.
- Heat the butter or oil in a cooking pot and start to stew the mixture of apple and onion. After a while add the pumpkin cubes and stew them, too.
- Add the stock and cook it on small heat for about 15-20 minutes (cover your pot).
- Season to taste with all spices, add the sourcream and sherry and puree it e.g. with a mixer.
- Taste it again and perhaps add some more spices.
- Enjoy it!